1. THE AGENT – Pillow Property Partners will act as agent for the Owner at all times.
2. THE GUEST – The person or persons staying in the property.
3. ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES – Standard Check out times will be 10am. Standard arrival times are after 3pm. Please check the specifics of each property as they may slightly differ. Early check-ins and late check-out may be arranged where possible with prior agreement from the Agent.
4. LIABILITY –The Agent/Owner cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, gas, electrical services or exceptional weather. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the guest or any member of the party during their occupancy. The maximum liability accepted by the agent/owner will be the total cost of the holiday as paid by the guest to the agent. No other expenses such as travelling costs or alternative accommodation will be accepted.
1. FAULTS/ISSUES – Any faults or issues at the property must be reported at the time they are discovered; this will allow us the opportunity to put it right and you can continue enjoying your stay. If we are not able find a satisfactory resolution then we will consider a partial or full refund. If an issue isn't report until after your departure then because we haven't been given a fair opportunity to put this right, we will not consider a refund unless extreme circumstances.
2. COMPLAINTS – All complaints should be notified as soon as possible to us and in writing, we will reply within 14 days. After this time, if you are still not satisfied you can raise a complaint investigation in writing, we will acknowledge the complaint investigation within 3 days and will respond within 20 working days.
3. AGE – You as the guest making the reservation and as such in charge of the party must be at least 18 years of age. All other members of the party must authorise you to make the booking on the basis of these Terms and Conditions.
4. LET AGREEMENT – The property let is to be used for the purpose of a holiday let to which section 12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
5. PAYMENT TERMS – Payment is taken at time of booking. All monies should be paid in full 30 days prior to the arrival date. Any Damage Deposit will be taken automatically 2 days prior to arrival. Payment terms may differ for certain properties.
6. DAMAGE DEPOSIT – Unless otherwise stated, a refundable damage deposit may be required. This will be returned within 14 working days from your departure date. (Bookings taken through 3rd part portals may have different damage deposit amounts). This deposit will be used against any damage, missing items including keys, excessive mess or unauthorised late checkouts.
7. INVENTORY – PILLOW recommends that the Owner prepares an inventory before the start of the Let and presents this to the Guest on his/her arrival, in order to verify any loss or damages that may be claimed through retention of the Security Deposit. PILLOW will provide the Owner with an Inventory pack with full instructions and guidance to help them prepare this in advance
8. ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATION – In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable, Pillow will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
9. RATES – are subject to change without notice, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
10. VAT – is charged as appropriate.
11. CHANGES BY YOU – We will use our reasonable endeavours to accommodate your requests for alterations of your Booking, subject to availability of accommodation. If you wish to cancel the whole or any part of your booking and you notify us in writing 28 days in advance of your date of arrival, no cancellation fee will be charged and your deposit will be refunded (unless stated differently at the time of booking). It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your notice of cancellation in time. If cancelled within 28 days of your arrival date, or in the case of a no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged. No refunds will be made for non-arrivals. *cancellation terms can differ for some properties – please check your confirmation email for full cancellation terms.
12. CHANGES BY US – In the unlikely event we have to cancel or make a change to your accommodation we will use all reasonable efforts to contact you as soon as possible to explain what has happened and inform you of the cancellation or change. If possible, we will offer alternatives, but should these alternatives be unacceptable to you the booking will be treated as cancelled and we will refund any money you have paid to us within 14 days of any cancellation. We shall not be liable for changes, cancellations or any other effect on your booking due to events beyond our reasonable control (force majeure).
13. REFUSAL – We reserve the right to refuse to accept any booking for whatever reason. We accept your booking when we issue our Booking Confirmation email.
14. PETS – are permitted in rental units only with prior written approval. A charge may apply. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm prevention is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. We assume no responsibility for illness or injury that humans or pets may incur while on the premises, unless it results from an act or omission on our part.
15. HOLIDAY LET FEE PAID TO OWNER – No payment shall be made by PILLOW to the Owner unless: a) the Owner has signed and complied with these terms; b) the Owner has provided a valid Landlords Gas Safety Certificate to PILLOW; and c) the Tenant has paid the Rental Fee and Security Deposit to PILLOW in full. PILLOW shall pay the Rental Fee to the Owner a) fortnightly or b) monthly.
16. Your stay with us is not intended to confer exclusive possession on either the client or guest nor to create the relationship of landlord and tenant between Pillow Property Partners Limited and either the client or any guest. This is a short term letting and you will not be entitled to any rights under any statutory provision including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Rent Act 1977, any assured tenancy or assured shorthold tenancy under the Housing Act 1988, or any tenancy arising under or in terms of, or regulated by, the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988, Housing (Scotland) Act 2006, Housing (Scotland) Act 2014, and/or Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016, including in each case any amendment or re-enactment of any such statute for the time being in force.
1. NOISE – The guest agrees to ensure noise is kept at reasonable level, taking into consideration neighbours and surrounding properties.
2. BREAKAGES – You must notify Pillow of any damage or breakages as soon as they occur so that they can be rectified for the next guest. We reserve the right to charge back to the booker for any damages.
3. NO SMOKING POLICY – There is a strict no-smoking policy in all properties. Where it is clear that there has been smoking in the property the cost of rectifying this will be deducted from your damage deposit.
4. PESONAL PROPERTY – You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence.
5. ACCESS – You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
6. NUMBER OF GUESTS – You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property. Additional charges may apply for additional guests who stay who have not been booked to cover the extra laundry and cleaning costs.
7. YOUR GUESTS – The actions and omissions of any visitor to the apartment are your responsibility.
8. CONTENTS – You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding and towels clean and in good condition. No items should be removed from the Property.
9. WIFI – The actions and omissions of any visitor to the apartment are your responsibility. The Guest agrees to fair usage of internet downloads. The owners will not be liable for loss of this service due to connection, environmental or human error and no support service is available. For this reason, wireless broadband internet is not a contractual provision. The owners do not assume any responsibility for any damage to your computer or the data contained on it, nor the security of any data transferred over the internet. Guests are responsible for the protection of their computers from loss of data, unauthorised access or viruses. The use of the landline is prohibited and failure to do so will occur further charges. Link to Further Wi-Fi Terms & Conditions deemed accepted by use. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1teJMQE-AOhTSd-LmXtsJJYN2yECkW92/view?usp=sharing
10. HOUSEKEEPING – No daily housekeeping service is provided – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. However, it is available for an Additional Charge. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
11. EXTENDING YOUR STAY – If you want to increase your length of stay then we will do everything possible subject to availability.
12. PERSONAL ELECTRICS – Any guest using their own electrical appliances (hairdryers, curlers, tongs, shavers, personal computers, personal stereos etc.) must use the appropriate adaptor. Non-UK plugs used without the appropriate adaptor/transformer are a serious fire risk. Please ensure that all heated appliances are switched off and stored safely before leaving the apartment. Guests found to be in breach of this rule may be asked to leave with immediate effect.
13. VEHICLES – Cars and their contents are parked at owners’ risk. Please ensure that cars are locked and possessions are left out of sight.
14. KEYS AND ACCESS – Unless otherwise agreed, the owners will issue to the client or guest one set of keys to the property. If at any time the client or guest loses the keys, they must notify us as soon as possible and we will instruct a locksmith to change the lock/key(s) and charge the client or guest. If between the hours of 8pm and 8am the guest locks him or herself out of the property and requires the owner’s assistance to re-enter the property, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee.
15. WINDOWS AND DOORS – The Guest must not leave the entrance door or windows to the property open but to ensure that all door and window locks are properly engaged at all times. All windows must be closed when not in the apartment or during bad weather.
1. KEYS – The guests will return the keys to where they got them, normally the secure key box. Do not put the keys through the letterbox as the cleaner will require them for access. Missing Keys will be charged for on a missing per day bases. Cost charged for each days keys are missing.
2. INVENTORY – PILLOW recommends that the Owner prepares an inventory before the start of the Tenancy and presents this to the Tenant on his/her arrival, in order to verify any loss or damages that may be claimed through retention of the Security Deposit. PILLOW will provide the Owner with an Inventory pack with full instructions and guidance to help them prepare this in advance.
3. RUBBISH – The Guest will empty the fridge of all perishables and place all rubbish in the external wheelie bins. Bins should be emptied where possible. No Non-Recycle Items should ever be put in the Recycle Bins otherwise charges will apply.
4. LIGHTS AND HEATING – The Guest will turn off all lights and central heating where possible and dependant on weather conditions.
5. CLEANLINESS – We ask that the property is left as clean and tidy as possible. We do not charge a specific cleaning fee in order to keep rates as low as possible, so we politely ask that you make an effort to leave the property in a good condition.
6. DEPARTURE – The guest will vacate the property by the checkout time on the date of departure. If they are still in the property after 12 noon on the date of departure, they will be liable for another day’s rental and the cost of alternative accommodation for the incoming guests. We will charge a fee of £20 an hour for late checkouts.
7. EXCESSSIVE DAMAGE – Where the amount required to rectify damage caused by the Guest exceed the Damage Deposit, the Guest agrees to pay Pillow this deficit within 7 days of request. The Owner reserves the right to pursue a claim through the small claims court for any outstanding monies.
8. Nothing in these terms shall be deemed to limit or exclude PILLOW’s liability for death, personal injury, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability that may not be limited or excluded by law.
9. These agency terms shall be interpreted in accordance with Scottish Law. The Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in hearing any claims in relation to these terms
10. COVID GUEST REQUIREMENTS - See the link to responsibilities of Guests. Acceptance of these Terms & Conditions is acceptance of the COVID Guest Requirements in the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cxi07qkFoABUGhVAYJnHPAYeJSgwz83O/view?usp=sharing
1. We are required to gather certain personal data about clients and guests for the purposes of satisfying operational and legal obligations. This personal data will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the Data Protection Act 1998. We fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of the Data Protection Act. These principles specify the legal conditions that must be satisfied in relation to obtaining, handling, processing, transportation and storage of personal data. The principles require (amongst other things) that the personal data shall be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
4. Owner and Data Controller: Pillow Property Partners Limited, Unit B, Olympic Business park, Kilmarnock KA2 9AE
6. METHODS OF PROCESSING: The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
7. LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING: The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
8. PLACE: The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
9. RETENTION TIME: Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
10. THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING: The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: User database management, Displaying content from external platforms, Interaction with external social networks and platforms, Contacting the User, Handling payments and Platform services and hosting. Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
11. DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA: Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
12. THE RIGHTS OF USERS: Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
13. DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING: Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection. Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
14. HOW TO EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS: Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
15. LEGAL ACTION: The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
17. SYSTEM LOGS AND MAINTENANCE: For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
18. INFORMATION NOT CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY: More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
19. HOW “DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS ARE HANDLED: This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.